There are so many salad versions in the world, most of them delicious as well as nutritious! Among the most popular salads is the Classic Chicken Caesar Salad which is combined with succulent cubes of juicy chicken and is loaded with vegetables, marinade, and more. In addition to being a perfect side dish to enjoy for lunch or dinner, a Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe acts as a meal in itself and the ingredients in this recipe are Romaine lettuce, chicken, French bread, parmesan cheese, anchovies, and Greek yogurt, as well as garlic, olive oil, and mayonnaise.
What is a Chicken Caesar salad Recipe?
The newspaper columnist Dorothy Kilgallen wrote in 1946 of a Caesar salad with anchovies, differing from Cardini’s version: Julia Child said she had eaten a Caesar salad there when she was a child. In the original recipe, Cardini used whole lettuce leaves snipped by the stems and eaten with fingers, coddled eggs, and garlic-infused olive oil. The olive oil is flavoured with anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and garlic. Cardini deemed the original recipe too bold because it used only Worcestershire sauce without anchovies.
You can use different chicken cuts to make a Chicken Caesar salad Recipe, however, the thinly sliced chicken breast fillets make for wholesome and fulfilling bites from start to finish because, in every bite, you can toss them with mayonnaise and vegetables, giving you a wonderful flavour. At Zorabian’s, you will find the best chicken breast pieces that are fresh and free of antibiotic residue. Here we maintain the freshness by keeping the cuts between 0-4°C and not freezing them. Due to the quality and safety checks performed on each chicken product; they are safe to consume and then finally, your order is hygienically vacuum-packed and delivered directly to your door.
You can whip up a delicious Chicken Caesar salad Recipe at home by ordering Zorabian’s boneless chicken online today!
The original recipe did not include anchovies, but modern Caesar dressings frequently include them as a key ingredient, which is then emulsified in the bottled version.
What makes Chicken Caesar salad healthy?
2CHICKEN: Protein is the building block of life and is the slow-burning fuel needed by your body to go about its daily activities and it contains Tryptophan which is another amino acid that increases serotonin, one of the body’s feel-good hormones.
ROMAINE LETTUCE: Vitamins and minerals are abundant in Romaine Lettuce. Vitamins C and K, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and folate are a few of these, in addition to being rich in beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A and helps improve skin texture and tone.
PARMESAN CHEESE: Parmesan cheese has medicinal properties and is healthy as well. Among its major benefits is its high bioavailable calcium content that prevents osteoporosis and is carb-free, it also contains a lot of protein and healthy fats. B6, B12, copper, zinc, and phosphorus are all present in this fruit.
CROUTONS: For the best health benefits, choose multigrain, seedy croutons. You won’t experience blood glucose spikes if you consume a complex carbohydrate, so a slow-burning fuel like croutons helps your body last longer.
CAESAR DRESSING: This dressing is mostly made up of omega-3 foods which are found in anchovies. What’s the benefit of those you may ask? Well, taking omega-3-rich foods lowers your triglyceride levels, slows the build-up of plaque in the arteries, and lowers your blood pressure.
ANCHOVIES: A rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, anchovies have powerful heart-health benefits.
The chicken provides the right amount of protein, the parmesan cheese, and dressing provide healthy fats, and the carbohydrates give you enough energy to feel satisfied. Its amazing taste and nutrient-rich ingredients have made chicken Caesar salads timeless favourites.
Let’s break it into simple and easy steps to create the all-time favorite Classic Chicken Caesar Salad!
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian/ Continental
- Total: 30 mins
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: 4 ppl
Here are the ingredients you will require
- The cloves of garlic should be three
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional oil for brushing
- Chopped anchovy fillets, 2 to 4
- One lemon’s juice
- Using regular or kosher salt would be preferable
- Zorabian’s chicken breast boneless 250 gms pkt
- A total of 4 focaccia or whole-wheat Italian bread slices (1/2 inch thick)
- The hearts of four romaine lettuce are halved lengthwise
- Garnish with additional grated parmesan cheese if desired
- Use freshly ground pepper as per taste
Then simply follow these easy steps to have your salad ready in a matter of minutes!
- Start by heating the pan or grill at medium heat and proceed to high heat.
- In order to prepare the dressing, chop 2 garlic cloves and puree them with 1/2 cup olive oil, the anchovies, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Use a mallet or heavy spoon, to pound the chicken until it is about 1/8 inch thick and then sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss with 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing.
- It takes 3 to 4 minutes per side to grill the chicken until it is golden and crisp.
- Grease both sides of the bread with olive oil and grill until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Using the remainder of the garlic clove, rub it in. Grill the romaine for 1 to 2 minutes on each side after brushing it with 1 to 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- Transfer the lettuce to a bowl after it has been chopped.
- Add the bread and chicken to the bowl and cut them into bite-sized pieces
- Add the remaining dressing, parmesan, and pepper to taste.
- The dish can be garnished with more parmesan if desired.
Get the perfect, fresh chicken cuts from Zorabians
We can trace the origins of the Chicken Caesar salad back to restaurateur Caesar Cardini, an Italian immigrant who ran restaurants in Mexico and the United States. In 1924, when his restaurant’s supplies ran out due to a Fourth of July rush in Tijuana, Mexico, his daughter Rosa recalls her father invented the salad in his Prohibition-era restaurant. To circumvent the Prohibition restrictions, Cardini ran the family restaurant in Tijuana to attract American customers. Several Cardini staff members claim that they invented this dish. Cardini made do with what he had, adding the dramatic flair of the tossing at the table.