One of the best Uttar Pradesh dishes that you can try at home. The best thing is that these are relatively easy to make. Hence, you can make them work instantly with very few ingredients. Just know the ingredients and cooking process, and get the taste and flavour of this famous Chicken Awadhi Biryani from Uttar Pradesh.
Indulge in the Regal Flavors with This Authentic Chicken Awadhi Biryani Recipe
Create the authentic flavours of Chicken Awadhi Biryani in your own kitchen. Create a culinary masterpiece of Uttar Pradesh cuisine fit for royalty. Indulge in its fragrant spices, tender chicken, and aromatic rice.
- Pre-cut chicken skinless – 1 packet (500 gms)
- Biryani Special Basmati Rice – 500 gms
- Onions – 3
- Yoghourt – 100 grams
- Green Chillies – 5 pieces
- Ghee – 100 grams
- Spices – Bay Leaf, Cumin, Coriander, Cardamom, and cloves
- Ginger garlic paste, mace powder, Cardamom powder, and red chilli powder.
- Strands of Saffron
- Dash of Kewra and Rose Water
Cooking Instructions for Awadhi Biryani
- Use a thick bottom handi to cook
- Then Marinate the chicken with ginger, garlic paste, and yoghurt.
- After that add onions, salt, ghee, strands of kesar (not the entire amount), green chillies, and oil.
- Do Make a small potli (a bundle) containing all the spices mentioned in the list.
- Then Bring water to a boil and add the potli followed by a few drops of oil.
- Wash the rice add them to the boiling water and cook it until it is 80% done.
- While the rice cooks, heat some ghee in a kadai (deep cooking pan) and add the marinated chicken.
- Cook the chicken until the raw smell of the spices fades away.
- Once the rice and chicken are cooked, start layering the biryani. Begin with a base layer of chicken pieces and add a layer of rice on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle some saffron soaked in milk, followed by ghee, kewra water, and rose water.
- Repeat the layers until all the rice and chicken are used, finishing with a layer of rice on top.
- Also, sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on the top layer.
- Place a lid on the handi to cover it tightly and then cook the biryani in dum (slow cooking) for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- It is preferable to use an earthen pot for the most authentic flavours, but a deep vessel should work fine as well.
Do try the Chicken Awadhi Biryani Recipes using Zorabian Chicken and share the final dish picture/video with us on the Zorabian Instagram Page.
Buy Zorabian Fresh Chicken to Ready-to-Cook Chicken Products from our online store, Modern trade stores like Big Basket, Zepto, Natures Basket and more or at our general trade partner stores near you and enjoy your favourite chicken dishes with friends and family. We bring you a number of melt-in-your-mouth chicken recipes, Do check them on Zorabian blog for more recipes that you will love cooking.